Return to the Clivia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
San Marcos Yellow

Posted by logan33 z6 OH (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 8, 12 at 17:23

I bought a San Marcos Yellow this morning from an ebay seller. Not totally new to Clivia as I've had a couple of them for 6 or 8 years. One from Lowe's and a nice big variegated one from Wayside Gardens. Of course I don't know what varieties those two are due to the sources. They're such nice easy plants to grow, I decided I might like more of them. I suppose I should have asked this question before I bought but I sort of got caught up in the ebay thing lol. Is there anything good or bad anyone has to say about San Marcos Yellow? Thanks, John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: San Marcos Yellow

I think you'll probably be happy with your choice. San Marcos Growers in California was among the first to produce yellow clivias in the states. The genetics of this strain include contributions from Dave Conway, one of the most productive clivia breeders in the US. Have you visited the San Marcos website? See: http://www.smgrowers.com/info/cliviayellow2.asp

o

Thanks Ohiofem, I'll have to check out that site. Where in Ohio are you? I'm near Peninsula which is between Akron and Cleveland.

o

I'm near Dayton at the other end of the state. Good to know there are other growers in Ohio. There is a group of Midwest clivia growers that used to meet each March, at blooming time. If I hear about another meeting I'll post information here.

Good luck with your new plant.

o

Thanks Ohiofem for the "good luck"... I think I have the bug... now I ordered several new seedlings from the Clivia USA website and I'm also going to try my luck at growing from seed that's ripening on my variegated plant. When I find something I like I always seem to think I need many of them lol... definite collector personality. Happy growing! John

o

I bought a San Marcos yellow on eBay, too. Glad to hear good things about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clivia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here