Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunti_gw

When does my cliva bloom

bunti
15 years ago

Hi,

I have couple of clivia miniata plants. The seller told me that the plants are 4-5 yeays old. I bought them last year. I thought they will bloom this year. Till now they didn't bloom. when do they bloom? what should i do to make them bloom.

I am new to clivia. please help me. I am attaching the photos of my plants. I have total of 5 plants. I planted all of them in one single pot.

Thanks,

Here is a link that might be useful: photos

Comments (3)

• wallydraigle
    15 years ago

Mine just started throwing a spike this weekend. It wasn't there Friday, and it is very clearly there now, Sunday night. They can bloom again in the summer, but I guess this isn't that common. Although I've only had mine for one summer and it did it then. It probably depends on individual plants.

• fireflyintexas
    15 years ago

Hi Bunti,
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your plants don't look big enough to throw a bloom spike. They like to be crowded. If you can, plant them outside in the shade (I'm zone 8 too and have had mine planted out in a shady spot for three years now), or leave them in the planter you have them in and continue to feed them, water them, but not too much (they prefer to be on the dry side) in a filtered light spot and they may bloom for you next Spring. Good luck!
    Firefly

• bunti
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello Firefly,

I live in charlotte, NC. before last year i left my clivia pot outside in the winter. they died. This time i am keeping them inside.

Where do you live? whould you mind sharing your clivia plant photos. What are all the clivia's you have?

Thanks

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals