Return to the Clivia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sahin's Yellow finally blooms after 15 years

Posted by cosmic Minnesota (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 7, 10 at 13:20

I got the seeds from Park about 15 years ago. And waited and waited... About 10 years ago I discovered this forum and tried some things to get it to bloom, like putting it in a cool attic and witholding water in winter. It was getting quite large and I was thinking about giving it away. So I put in my East porch instead of the West porch this year. And a few weeks later it finally bloomed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sahin's Yellow finally blooms after 15 years

congratulations!! beautiful plant and flowers. i admire your patience.
sue

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 1:26

nice blooms, now it may bloom every season..

o

Up for trading for some seeds when they are ready?

o

Nice looking plant and I think you deserve the Patience award for your 15 yr wait!

o

Wow! That is Beautiful! I know for sure it was focusing on putting out Foliage! It has more than I've ever saw! Congratulations!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clivia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here