Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kayjones481950

My NEW yellow Clivia

kayjones
16 years ago

I just posted a picture of the yellow Clivia plant I bought from Craig - it's in the gallery - check it out!

Comments (8)

• gracie_08
    16 years ago

hi Kay; looked for your new yellow clivia looked on the photo gallery but couldn't find it........I'd love to see it, my clivia mineata is now blooming it's orange and creamy color...love this plant.......

• craigr2006
    16 years ago

Hi Kay,

I went looking for your picture to see how it survived its trip. I have no idea where to even look. For that matter, I don't even know how to post a photo. It sounds like it came through ok.

Take care,
    Craig

• beetle_2007
    16 years ago

I hope I'm not being pushy, but found the pic in gallery search, and snipped it.
    {{gwi:571769}}

• kayjones
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm glad someone was able to get it posted here - for some reason it wouldn't let me do it. Craig, I emailed you three pictures I took imediately after I un-boxed it - it is HUGE and is has one bloom today. I LOVE IT! Now, I need a PEACH-colored one!!! Craig?

• craigr2006
    16 years ago

Hi Kay,

I do remember that photo. Next year it will look even better. Those leaves will get cleaned up and it will have a full umbrel of yellow flowers for you. Enjoy.

I'll email you separately about the peaches. :o)

Take care,
    Craig

• meyermike_1micha
    15 years ago

Craig, how can I get one from you too????
    Mike

• craigr2006
    15 years ago

Hi Mike,

Send me an email. I don't have any more right now, but I do plan on getting to Solomone's nursery soon as well as a another nursery later this summer. Both have prety good yellows for good prices. I can usually find a random couple in bud/bloom at this time of year, but summer blooms are rarely as nice as spring blooms. It will at least prove it is a yellow by getting it in bud at this time, though. Blooming sized yellows are usually about $20 each from either nursery. If we are lucky to find some in bud/bloom, I will even pollinate several flowers with some of my better yellow pollens so you can enjoy some seeds in about 9-12 months.
    Postage varies based on location (I'm in CA) and the number of plants (=weight).

Let me know what you think.
    Take care,
    Craig
    rugg1999@prodigy.net

I attached a link of what Solomone's nursery looks like in full bloom.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:571767}}

• kitty747
    15 years ago

I started a yellow clivia from seed several years ago. The seed were expensive, and only one grew. Even at that, the company said there was (only) a good chance that one would be yellow. Well, it is going to bloom -- not a great bloom, but it is yellow. Think if will be out tomorrow. I was really excited when I saw these yellow buds appear. Have been wanting a yellow one for years. Can't imagine standing in Solomone's nursery in a whole greenhouse full of Clivia.

Sponsored