Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasima_gw

HELP! My clivia is dying!

Kasima
9 years ago

I posted on Florida Gardening too, but wanted to post here for specialized help.

My gorgeous huge clivia was infested with snails, and I lost a lot of leaves. It needed separating anyway, so I took it out of the pot, cleaned the roots very well, let them dry off, and tried to wash out all remnants of the snails, but evidently, I did not succeed as I still found a small snail this morning.

The leaves are rotting away, huge mushy sections. I pulled or cut off all the damaged leaves, which honestly left almost nothing, and sprayed it thoroughly with hydrogen peroxide, trying to spray down between the leaves as much as possible. The baby I took off and repotted had rotten inner leaves, so I cut all the leaves way back, but still see some brown on the inner leaves. Sprayed that with peroxide too.

I am subleasing a place for the summer, and there is literally NOWHERE that is really safe for this plant except where I have it under a shed devoid of most light and safe from the rain.

I really feel like the only way to save this plant is to stump it, but I've never done that, so I need some guidance. PLEASE don't ask me to buy expensive remedies, because I have no money to spend on it, other than for maybe more peroxide to soak it in or some cinnamon to spread on it.

The plant - plants now - have lost most of their leaves, so stumping them would not be a great loss. I seriously just want them to live.

Comments (3)

Sponsored