Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasima_gw

it bloomed!

Kasima
10 years ago

Thanks to all of your help, my monster clivia has finally bloomed. It seems everything here is blooming late this year, but I was still shocked to find this when I went out to water today. If I'm lucky, another part will bloom too!

I did exactly what you said, and no blooms in March -- none if April, so I gave up. This is a wonderful gift.

Comments (4)

• Noel2425
    10 years ago

Kasima,

Wow, that is amazing and your plant is much bigger than mine so I won't give up on it blooming. I see you have yours outside and mine is inside in a North window that gets bright light. That may be making the difference. Do you live in the Southwest area of the country? I live in AZ and it is way too hot here to put something like that outside being in the l00's everyday. Your plant if beautiful. Noel

• Kasima
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I live in SW Florida. This grows under the dense shade of a large oak tree. We get a lot of rain in the summer, and hardly a drop in the winter. Don't give up. They like to be very rootbound to bloom, so I gather.

• teisa
    10 years ago

Beautiful clivia!!!

• Kasima
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you! It's getting separated and getting a new pot soon. I was happy to see it has tulip flowers.

Sponsored