Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craigr2006

Solomone Yellows and Variegated Yellows

craigr2006
16 years ago

Hi,

As I've read through these listings over the past year, I've noticed many of the members of this site seem to have very few Clivias, and they are almost exclusively orange. I've also found that individuals outside of California seem to have a more difficult time acquiring various Clivias at reasonable (for Clivias) prices.

The largest grower of Clivias in the US is Solomone's nursery. He distributes through Monterey Bay Nursery in Watsonville. He is best known for many oranges, but also yellow Clivias, variegated Clivias and his little Charm series. His nursery is a 5 acre greenhouse, and contains "600,000" Clivias in various sizes (seedlings to very large mother plants). I plan to visit his nursery soon (late July plus another time or two this year) and I'm wondering if anyone on this site has interest in obtaining some of these other variations of Clivias. I've worked closely with Dries (the moderator) over the past year, and I also frequently list Clivias on ebay under Ruggfamily if you need to look into what I am about. I also post on the Yahoo Clivia enthusiast site as well as cliviaforum.co.za .

I'm assuming many people paid anywhere from $10-30 for their orange Clivias. Most of these will be at the upper end of that range, or a bit over.

Solomone Charm - Salmon pink star like flower on a dwarf plant, blooming size (2gal). Also available with a yellow flower.

Solomone Yellow - Blooming size (2gal). Probably best picked out in bloom (March), but by the time they ship, the bloom will be spent.

Variegated Orange - More light sensitive. Less tolerant to direct light, but need brighter light due to less chlorophyll. Blooming size (2gal)

Variegated Yellow - Very expensive, but a very nice show piece when in bloom. Blooming size (2gal). If there is enough interest in these, I'm able to get a bulk discount.

Contact me by email (rugg1999@prodigy.net) for more information and pictures. You can get a guide of prices by doing a google search for "Solomone Clivias". Directly through the grower, I'll be able to get these for about 1/2 to 2/3rds the prices you'll see listed.

Craig

Sacramento, CA

Comments (6)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area