Return to the Clivia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changchun Quanlan

Posted by hardytropicalguy z6 SWMI (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 2, 09 at 16:52

Quanlan is a Clivia type distinguished by it's multidirectional leaves as apposed to the symmetrical pattern typical of all Clivia Species. It has been said this is not an inheritable trait other than through division by offsets. This Clivia is from the City of Changchun which is in Northern China.

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: FlowerfarmandGardens Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changchun Quanlan

Need to make a correction here I am fairly certain that one of these Clivia types was sold to me as Quanlan but it is actually Zhuanlan. In Chinese zhuan means radiated and lan means Clivia this is according to Yang a well known Clivia seller and exporter from China. I don't want to perpetuate any false terminology here so I apologize for my mistake. I hopefully will only associate this type with Zhuanlan in the future and remove the Quanlan from my head. I think this falls into the teaching an old dog new tricks category or old habits are hard to break! :0)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clivia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here