Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Boy did my plants double in SIZE!!!! Pics..

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

Hello everyone after a long sunny summer!

I can't believe the size of my plants..They grew fast and furious this summer..Some of them out grew their pot!! I will come back with a picture of that..

Hi Caig!..I hope you are well....

{{gwi:573138}}

{{gwi:573139}}

{{gwi:573140}}

{{gwi:573141}}

Mike..:-)

Comments (10)

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

WOW... Mike, they are gorgeous, if my Clivia had eyes I would have shown yours to him (grow baby grow!!!)... lol

Izhar

• monet_g
    13 years ago

Mike,
    Great photos. It seems it was a great year for clivias with the heat we had. However, I also know it was from Al's Gritty Mix, too. My clivias LOVED it. The root growth was incredible as you told me it would be.
    Now I just have to get them to bloom consistently next year ;-).
    Gail

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Izhar..You are way too funny...How you been? I hope well..Thank you for your funny and kind words...

Monet..Hi Hi Hi..I haven't seen you in a while...Don't you just LOVE the gritty mix..This is the first to second year with mine in it, and they just grow like weeds with nice clean white roots!! The mix besides the combo nice summer can do mircales, right? lol Thank you for your kind words to..

Please , let me see a couple of pics of your plants you guys..

Mike

• jon_z6b
    13 years ago

Looking good. Where's pics of the tree peony blooms? I see you have to contend with maple leaves as well. Here's a pic of mine.
    {{gwi:573142}}
    It's growing in a mix of clay based topsoil, sand and peat.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jon..How are you???

You got yourself a beautifully shaped plants there..It also looks like it flowered,,Great job..

I can't believe that you noticed the Peony tree..How? I also see your leaves as mine...lol..Great time of year..

Good to see you

Mike

• jon_z6b
    13 years ago

I'm doing fine, thanks. I'm anxiously waiting for seeds to be ripe. October was nine months, so they're late. I have a picture of a peony bloom from this last spring:) If I had the space and money, I would plant more.
    {{gwi:573143}}

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jon so would I..I would plant dozens of them! One of my favorite perenials!

That flower is amazingly beautiful!

Thank you and hope for a short winter...Jon..Have you ever grown them in containers? I did..My plants were LOADED with flowers, more than my in-ground ones..That makes no sense..

Mike..:_)

• birdsnblooms
    13 years ago

Mike, your Clivias are huge..The first one has the longest leaves I've ever seen..
    I love your variegated, but think you know, varietates are my favorits..

Jon, don't ya just love maple leaves??? NOT! Those darn leaves are/were on every single plant thta was summered outdoors..it's a pain picking each out, especially when they crumble..and who knows if insects hide inside the creases. Maple leaves can't even be used for mulching perrenials..they'll drown a plant/s.

Jon, your Peony is really nice..is it a double? I've never seen double or semi-double before..Yellow is one of my favorite flower colors..beautiful. Toni

• birdsnblooms
    13 years ago

Mike, your Clivias are huge..The first one has the longest leaves I've ever seen..
    I love your variegated, but think you know, varietates are my favorits..

Jon, don't ya just love maple leaves??? NOT! Those darn leaves are/were on every single plant thta was summered outdoors..it's a pain picking each out, especially when they crumble..and who knows if insects hide inside the creases. Maple leaves can't even be used for mulching perrenials..they'll drown a plant/s.

Jon, your Peony is really nice..is it a double? I've never seen double or semi-double before..Yellow is one of my favorite flower colors..beautiful. Toni

• craigr2006
    13 years ago

Looking good Mike. Sorry for my long abscence. I will try to stick poke around a little mroe often.

Craig

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting