Return to the Clivia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clivia Questions

Posted by bunti 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 12:02

I do have few clivia plants, chinese and non chinese.

One of my chinese plant haas been blooming for last 3 years. when i have fot the plant, they are in good shape. they are growing good, at the same time leaves are turning yellow.

THis year my chinese clivia has a shoot, it didn't come out of leaves.

What should i do to have longer flower stem?
Why my leaves are turning yellow. I have kept them in master bathroom window, has enought light and humidity and watering frequently too.

one of the clivia plant has grown big in the pot. roots has grown so much the pot is now became round at the bottom. I have read clivias are pot bounded. I don't know whether to move it to bigger pot or not. Right now, its blooming. Its the plant in the photo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clivia Questions

short flower stem means the plant did not have sufficiently long period of cold - more time in cold stage = longer stem. usually about a month of cold temp 40-50 and dry, will create nice long stem.
the leaf looks like a ?sunburn - but i'm not really sure 100% - try turning the plant around and see if it gets better or worse - that will test my theory - paul m.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Clivia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here