Return to the Community Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know of CG in montgomery county MD

Posted by ywontugro MD (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 18:18

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knew about the community garden plots and their contact info in Maryland.
I tried looking up parks and planning website for montgomery county, but cd not find any info..

any help wd be appreciated.
Thnaks!! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know of CG in montgomery county MD

My fiance and I are finding ourselves with the same problem, ywontugro, we recently moved into an apartment and miss our vegetable garden! There doesn't seem to be any information out there on Community gardens or garden plots in the vicinity of Montgomery County, Md. We would also be open to other options in the general area: Prince George's County, Howard County, etc. (DC is probably out, though) if we only knew where to look! Any information: websites, contact people, etc. would be VERY greatly appreciated.

o

I just posted a similar question myself (should have done a search first, sorry folks). I'm at a loss to explain why we can't find a single one. If you ever found any info, please share...if not, maybe we could start one?

o

Hey, just a follow up to this in case anyone is still looking. If you are near the Rockville area, there is an enormous community garden at Wootton's Mill Park. I found it by calling the Cooperative Extension services office for Montgomery County (ask for the Master Gardener program). They also gave me info on several other locations, so if you don't live near Rockville there may be another one closer to you. Give them a call!

o

We have a wonderful community garden in the King Farm development near Shady Grove in Rockville, MD. This is our fourth year. It has been so popular we have inspired a second one at the other end of the development - this is their first year. I also know that there is a new one in Falls Grove. There is also a demonstration garden in Derwood. To learn more, I suggest you contact the Montgomery County Master Gardeners at:
http://mastergardener.umd.edu/local/Montgomery/index.cfm
They are the ones who got us started and they are an *excellent* resource.

o

• Posted by ada (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 12, 10 at 22:21

The link is: http://www.montgomeryparks.org/permits/find/community_gardens_program.shtm

Montgomery County Park Service runs several gardens. The plot can range from 200 sq ft to 625 sq ft but not all locations go up to 625 sq ft.

Here is a link that might be useful: Montgomery County Maryland, Community Gardens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here