Return to the Community Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Needing seeds/transplants for homeless shelter greenhouse

Posted by Nebrgirl Nebraska zone 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 22, 11 at 21:10

In our community, a new homeless shelter has been built. The director is starting a greenhouse project/shelter garden project. They need seeds/transplants to get this project up and going. Funds are very short. Seeds donated will feed the shelter residents, and also provide work related experience in operating a booth at the local farmer's market selling the produce from this greenhouse project, and resume building for the outside employment arena.
I have information if someone wishes to contact director of the shelter to confirm this project.
Please contact me and I can give details and contact information.
Thank you for your consideration on this effort.
Warm Wishes in gardening

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Needing seeds/transplants for homeless shelter greenhouse

I would like to donate seeds for the homeless shelter. Please send me details.

o
RE: Needing seeds/transplants for homeless shelter greenhouse

Hi,

I'm from KC originally and would be happy to help some old neighbors. I have some seed on hand that I could spare. I also just bought a bag of mixed soup beans because I wanted the cranberry beans that were in the bag, and that was the least expensive way to get them. I have a lot of beans that you can have if you want them - about 10 different types. All are bush beans. Are there any particular veggies that you need? Please send me info on where to send the seed.

Marge

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here