Return to the Community Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Community Gardens

Posted by Kirklund 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 11, 04 at 17:24

We are putting togeather a community garden to reach out to young people in our area and share our love of gardening and the fun working in the soil can bring.Our hope is that we can help build a better community through our involvement. We feel it is very important to set up an organization the will be able to continue on even if we are not involved in the future, things like how to hold insurance, and strucutre of the organization are key building block in this endevor. We would love to hear from anyone who is setting up or has set up or worked in an "urban renewal" type project such as this. Our community leaders are unable to provide much in the way of support, the is no funidng for this kind of activity so we feel a bit on our own.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Community Gardens

• Posted by CarrieB 7 Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 12, 04 at 10:49

Hey Skippy,

I've attached a link to an earlier post. Scroll down the the second post and see if any of the links I provided are useful to you. As an urban community gardener, I love to see others doing the same in other parts of the country.

Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Carrie

Here is a link that might be useful: hopefully helpful links

o
RE: Community Gardens

IN YOUR NORTHWEST PACIFIC AREA, HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE LOCAL "TILTH" ORGANIZATIONS OF HOME/ URBAN GARDENERS,THE LOCAL MASTER GARDENERS, USDA EXTENSION SERVICE WORKERS, AS WELL AS THE GROWING GARDENS PROJECT IN PORTLAND OREGON? THEY ALL HAVE LOTS OF INFO ON COMMUNITY & SCHOOL ALLIANCES FOR COMMUNITY GARDENS (www.growing-gardens.org)...GOOD GROWING TO YOU, K.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here