Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreparis

Community Garden with Management Software

andreparis
16 years ago

Presently, in my hometown we have 2 community gardens with long waiting lists. Probably a similar problem is found at other community gardens around the world.

My idea is simple, make community gardens with the square foot gardening method, by Mel Bartholomew, and create a social networking/crop management/health awareness website.

The site connects people with land(public and or private) and land owners with people who want a 4x4 or other plot. The site shows how to set one up and also goes on to explain what plants should be planted, when and where with all the other data needed to manage the plot, people learn about recipes and the health information surrounding the plant. There's seed exchange, potlucks, all the good things that make a community grow...

But starting off is the hardest part, I'd thought of going around and getting people to sign a petition to have a plot of land converted as a pilot towards the eventual greater adoption in a wider scope towards all lands

I'm really just looking for ideas on how to begin, I've approached the city with this idea, and local community coordinator to hear what they have to say

Your thoughts...

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations