Return to the Community Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Community Garden? Sharing Backyards!

Posted by BluenoseDee 2b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 12:34

I wasn't sure where to post this information on the forum, but thought this group would be the most appropriate place. :-)

For those would love to try gardening, but have no green space...

For those who have a yard but no time to develop it or plant a garden...

"Sharing Backyards" can connect you. Folks with some green space make it available to those who want to plant a garden, usually in exchange for a bit of the produce at the end of the season. I love this idea. Everybody wins!

http://www.sharingbackyards.com/

A facebook group for Sharing Gardens was recently started, too, and it looks like there is a project in the works to revamp/update the existing website.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/471725712938209/

I am not affiliated with the site, but hope other gardeners will share "Sharing Backyards" with their friends, on social media, at local farmers markets, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Community Garden? Sharing Backyards!

That is a great idea! I'm in a situation where I am stuck living in an apartment building for at least a year, so I won't be able to garden at all. I'd love to "borrow" some dirt and sunshine from someone who has more than they know what to do with. Of course, you need to see if both parties have similar ideas re what a garden is for and what it should look like and what it should produce. Should it be organic or not, etc. But, those are obstacles easily overcome with thoughtful planning.

I may need to spend some time checking out my coworkers or the nearby neighborhoods for possibilities.

Martha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here