Return to the Community Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Researching the History of Community Gardening

Posted by
Leah Smith - Ohio
(smith_lj@denison.edu) on
Fri, May 19, 00 at 11:26

I am doing summer research on the history of the community garden movement in the US. I am looking for good books or websites which might help me out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Researching the History of Community Gardening

Leah, You might want to try The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, 100 N. 20th Street, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA, 19103, 215-988-8800. Through their program, Philadelphia Green, they do a lot of community gardening and have for a long time.

o
RE: Researching the History of Community Gardening

Just happened upon another site for you, www.cityfarmer.org It is a Canadian site but if you use their search you can find info about US gardens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here