Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slc00

I have info for startup, improving, step by step mgmt info & more

slc00
16 years ago

Hi folks, after reading the nightmare experiences type posts and such I can see that there are a lot of problems with poorly planned (or unplanned)and mis-managed community gardens out there.

For anyone wanting to start or improve a garden I have some information that might help.

I put together a sort of 'everything you could possible want to know about community gardens' packet for our city council. It covers potential community benefits, design, management, operation, list of websites that are good examples of community gardens etc. You know, technical things governmental units might like to see.

Our community garden project page also has detailed information and examples of duties and descriptions of potential management members to help people get some sort of idea before volunteering. There is also an example of other gardens' yearly schedules that include planning spring and fall cleanup, events, assigning plots, assigning duties, etc.

Our city is wise in requiring interested citizens to come forward and volunteer to form a management group with example duties before they construct any garden. They want it managed well so it will be enjoyable to garden there.

Anyway enough babble. Here is the link.

www.cityofironmountain.com/CG

Comments (3)