(mdrvki@ismi.net) on
Tue, May 18, 99 at 15:59

Hello out there! I am designing a community garden
that has as its primary target the physically, mentally,
emotionally and dysfunctionally disabled people, including
children. This is termed an "enabling garden."

Because this garden is to be on municipal property, my
committee has had to jump through quite a few
hoops to get to our present point. If there are any designers out there who wish to know more about our plans and what hoops we had to negotiate, please
let me know and I will respond ASAP. ~~~Vix

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Community Garden

Hi Vix,
Where are you located?

o

Hi Bob! fancy finding you here!!! remember to keep me in mind for volunteer work when you get things started. I'm deep in the throes of trying to refurbish and redesign and replant the Native Plant Exhibition Garden at Furstenberg Nature Center. I't been nice because I've had great support from Natural Area Preservation, and the advantage is that it's already in a park-owned area. I'm learning alot about both volunteer recruitment and organinization, teaching, and of course the plants themselves. let me know how things are going up there!
aunita

o

I am from Phx. Az. I need to find info. on stating a community garden in my neborhood if you could help me it would be appreciated

o

I am a landscape designer in cincinnati ohio and i get commissions for work on municipal properties from time to time also. I am interested to know what kinds of legal hoops u have encountered. Permits, funding, authorizations, town council meetings, etc. These are all part of the fun (haha!!)and i would love to compare notes. Maybe we could exchange some useful tips too!

o

Your project sounds really interesting .I have been trying to get a youth run community garden going. The therapeutic, social, and economic benefits are enormous. It Is difficult to get a group that will sponsor it. I believe that the funding will prove less difficult. Any ideas? Thanks!

o
links

Hello! I am doing a research project on community gardening and am wondering if anyone out there has any good sources (sites, books, magazines, etc.)so I can get to know the subject.

Thank you,

Lindsay

o

I am currently trying to begin a non profit organization in my area which will promote gardening and the arts in schools and low-income communities. If anyone has any information that they feel may be useful, I would appreciate it. If there is anything that I might be able to help with, let me know. We can compare notes and suggestions. Peace:) Cindy

o

I am a town and regional planner student doing my thesis on urban agriculture. I would like to get some information on community gardens

o

Hi ... my name is Desiree and I would love to know what processes people or groups have gone through in order to set up a Community Based garden ... as a working living breathing asset for people and children from all walks of life ... Any information or inspiration would be gratefully recieved ...
thanks ... and good luck in your quest if you are doing anything similar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here