Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindi2_gw

Save the garden

Cindi2
19 years ago

I asked around when I moved to this town and no one knew of a community garden. I asked at City Hall and was finally put in touch with someone to find out there is a community garden. It is in a terrible state, overgrown, untended with only a few faithful gardeners keeping their plots alive. The neighboring business owners complain about it and I fear we may lose it.

I do not have enough mastery of gardening to take on much of a leadership role, plus I have a baby and 3.5 year old attached to my side most of the time...but I'd like to help inspire the community to come together for gardening.

My thought is to do a big sheet mulching project (offering food...I read that other post about attracting people.) But it seems fall is the time for that and then there is a long lapse in time before planting begins.

The garden is along a long narrow path, with a playground and apple trees at one end, connecting two streets. Maybe a children's garden (Mothers Club?), homeschooling project...?? Any ideas?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES