Return to the Community Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Community garden in DC metro area (MD)?

Posted by
Renae
(rneidlinger@earthlink.net) on
Fri, Aug 4, 00 at 22:38

I just moved to the DC metro area in Maryland and am now without a yard : ( Does anyone know of a community garden in the area? If so, please contact me! Thanks!

Renae

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Community garden in DC metro area (MD)?

Hello Renae:

I was gardening at Euclid and 16th in the District, but the plot has been sold for developing, so I am back looking again for gardening space.

I'm wondering where you ended up.

Lisa

o

If you're in Montgomery county, you might try Mont. county Parks and Recreation.

o

There's an article in the Metro section of today's Wasington Times about a Northeast DC community garden called Binders Gardens. The article's called "Growth in Urban Gardens".

Here is a link that might be useful: washingtontimes.com

o

Hi:

There is a community garden not far off Wisconson Ave, north of Georgetown. We lived right around the corner from it, but at the time, it was filled with a 2 year waiting list. Beautiful garden and room to expand so you should check it out, maybe it's gotten bigger.

Girl Group Girl

o

The garden mentioned by girlgroupgirls is off of Tunlaw and about 39th street. Its a great garden!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here