Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yardsharingdotorg

Portland Yard Sharing

yardsharingdotorg
15 years ago

Dear Gardening Community,

My name is Joshua Patterson I am posting this message to let you know about a program I am trying to get started in Portland, Oregon.

Its called Yard Sharing. We all have that strip of grass between the street and the sidewalk or that patch of grass we always neglect on the side or in the back of our yard. Maybe your neglected space is in your front yard.

Here in Portland our community gardens are overwhelmed with people. We have too many people who want to have a garden and not enough space. So I have gotten the idea of sharing yards with people who want or need food producing gardens.

I have created a website where people can post spaces available or people can post that they would like to create a garden. Its free I will never charge to post or view or anything like that. I am just trying to build a sustainable community and find a good way to allow people to grow their own food.

Please check out our website at http://www.yardsharing.org and let us know what you think. If you have ideas about how we can make this program grow please let us know..

Joshua Patterson

Here is a link that might be useful: Portland Yard Sharing

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz