Return to the Community Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
letter writing for help

Posted by grila1111 Fl (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 8, 06 at 16:24

Can anyone tell me of a resource to send for that has template letter samples for sponsorship,donors etc?

I thought I saw something on ACGA but when I went back to look I could not find.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: letter writing for help

Why not just write a short paragraph describing your garden, include that as your introductory paragraph in every letter asking for support, and then speak from your heart to ask for whatever you need? You could easily tailor the second paragraph of each letter to fit whatever you hope that person/company can give you. Then your final paragraph could also always be the same, a genuine thank-you for whatever help they can offer.

I think you'll have better luck if they can tell you are sincere than if your letter sounds like a professional letter-writer wrote it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here