Return to the Community Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
starting up a community garden on a college campus

Posted by
Sara Brown
(zorb111@hotmail.com) on
Thu, Dec 27, 01 at 20:36

Hi!!! I am pondering whether it is possible to start a community garden on a college campus or if there is strict bureaucratic backlash against such an organization. Despite somehow getting it approved by the grounds keeping do you know of any grants in the Houston area or nationally that are offered for an artistically minded venture? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: starting up a community garden on a college campus

Hi Sarah - I live in Vancouver, B.C. There are community gardens at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. So it can be done! I don't know who you could contact about this. I'll try to attach a link to a web site with info about community gardening in BC. It's at www.cityfarmer.org

Good luck with your project.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vancouver Community Garden Report

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Community Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here