Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Identifying Plant PLEASE!!!

Posted by vedders_babe (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 15, 07 at 12:50

Hello,

I would really appreciate any help I can get identifying this house plant (or tree). I rescued it from my grandmother's living room where it only had one leaf left. It's looking great now. But I need to know what other care it should get...

It's leaves all develop in clusters of 8 and only near the top of the plant's long thin trunk....

Pictures:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
-Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Identifying Plant PLEASE!!!

It is a Schefflera, or Umbrella Plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schefflera

o

ah, I have one of these. It was in a mixed pot from the florist, is now in it's own pot, and only about 18 inches high, seems to be a very slow grower for me, is that normal? I checked the link, said it can get 8 foot tall, and is long lived, wondering if i'll live long enough to see it grow that tall...LOL. I've had it just about three years, was about 8 inches tall in the mixed pot.

sally

o

Vedders, specifically, yours is Schefflera arboricola, also known as dwarf schefflera.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here