Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Long list of companion plants

Posted by newhamsha 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 21:48

This link has a very long list of companion plants and why they are companions. Best list I have come across.
I think it will answer a lot of questions on here. I was not able to copy and paste it onto here, but here is the link:

* Check out the bottom of the gardening quotes page when you are there. Amazing!

Here is a link that might be useful: Long list of companion plants

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Long list of companion plants

• Posted by kanuk Zone4 QC (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 24, 09 at 19:01

It's an extensive list of companion planting information but it's contradictory.
One example is: [quote]
BEETS companions WITH cabbage, DELPHINIUM, onion, lettuce, sage
& then it says
DELPHINIUM ... DISLIKES BEETS, carrot, chard, parsnip, turnip
So it leaves me confused!?
Perhaps it's just an error...dunno

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 26, 09 at 0:58

Such discrepancies are red flags indeed. Always read widely on a particular gardening topic. Even after surveying the literature you will still have to be able to realize who knows what they are talking about and who does not. Frequent repetition of false notions is common, it happens every day here on GardenWeb.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening myths found with Google

o

• Posted by perlite z6, southern IN (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 27, 09 at 19:49

Isn't it true though that in some instances a plant that's helped by the presence of another doesn't necessarily help out that second plant? This might cause what look like discrepancies. As you say, a lot of research is the best way to get accurate information. I've been reading a lot on companion planting this season, and there really are a lot of conflicting lists. But they'll give me ideas on how to begin finding what will work for me here. Thanks for posting that link. :) perL

o

Same confusion with Beans and Peppers:

Beans ~ dislikes peppers
Pepper ~ companions with beans

o

Perhaps beets are helped by delphiniums but delphiniums don't really get much back? Just being's devil's advocate here, but not all relationships are mutual

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here