Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Onions and Garlic Next to Strawberries?

Posted by scarletdaisies 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 16:29

I just planted 20 strawberry plants, a few days before I planted garlic and onion roots, bunching to see if they would grow. I couldn't find anything in my books saying they couldn't be planted together, but now I'm reading elsewhere they don't do well together.

Can you tell me if it's true they are bad companions and just how bad will the damages be if I left them. Likely the strawberries aren't going to be allowed to produce fruit until I stop picking the flowers on June 1st, so if it's a compatability issue, the onions will be picked anyways, but the garlic, I can transplant after June.

Any thoughts why this will work, why it won't?

Thanks before hand for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Onions and Garlic Next to Strawberries?

I've read that garlic and onions are good companion plants for strawberries. But again, there is so much contradiction out there, it will take actually experimentation to know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here