Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
companion for nandina

Posted by skygarden z6 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 03 at 15:10

Hi,
This is my first post on Garden Web. I have a small shady yard and am looking for companion plants for nandina. Any ideas?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: companion for nandina

I am redoing my border in front of my home (just morning sun). I am adding a soft touch holly, two nadinas (the dwarf kind), two leatherleaf sedges to what I already have which is a lovely azalea, heather (not doing as good as it could because of no afternoon sun) and a gorgeous euonymous.

Hope this helps.

Pam

o

I saw a combination of reblooming azaleas, coral something, with Firepower nandina, this fall. The azalea flower color picked up the nandina leaf color, which gets more colorful in the fall. This was a nice way to combine too very common plants that do well in my zone but usually are overused and used in awful combinations. You should try to find them at the same time to see if the season of color & colors match.

o

I have 2 Nandina's under planted with hardy fuchsias and hostas. I have a clematis growing up through one of them. You could also try begonias or ferns since it's shady.

Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here