Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sanguisorba Menziesii 'burnet' & Oriental Poppies.

Posted by Video_Garden z3/4 Montreal (My Page) on
Wed, May 19, 04 at 10:57

hi, i was wondering if it would be a nice idea to plant sanguisorba menziesii 'burnet' with some oriental poppies at the back of the border? i'm worried that the sanguisorba plant may cast too much shade with it's leaves and growth (sprawling habit), and stunt the oriental poppies with lack of sunlight before they bloom (is this a possibility? )both are supposed to bloom in early summer, so originally i thought it would be a nice combination. any thoughts or experiences?

Here is a link that might be useful: Sanguisorba Menziesii @ www.stewo.no/ stauder_s.htm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sanguisorba Menziesii 'burnet' & Oriental Poppies.

Well don't plant red oriental poppies...... I hate red and dark pink together...... clashes like if you put it together in an outfit...... don't dress your plants like you wouldn't dress yourself...... a white oriental poppy or a salmon or pink would be good...... there's even raspberry colored that would be nice it would look like those flowers..... I don't think a little shade when young would hurt the poppy so long as it had sunlight through most of its growth........ most plants will stretch towards the sun and so long as it has enough sunlight to bloom it would be fine........ Do they bloom at the same time???? If they don't the blue pods would look nice with those pink blossoms...... :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here