Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Container companions

Posted by fernsk z2 Canada (My Page) on
Tue, May 23, 06 at 16:32

Hi all

I'm in the process of redoing my back yard so am not able to start planting in the ground yet but want to do some tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers in containers. I thought that this forum would be the best to tell me what I can mix and match with each other. I will be using a 15 inch pot (height & diameter) for the tomato - a patio type bred for containers - it will reach 2 ft height maximum. I thought that basil would be good with it - just a couple of little plants (2-3) around the perimeter of the pot. Tomato and basil are a winning combination - correct? What could be added to cucumbers and peppers?

Thanks

Fern

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Container companions

I was thinking of planting some carrots in with my toms. Basil would be good though. Basil would also work with the peppers or how about some parsley. Radishes would go well with the cukes or maybe some lettuce.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here