Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cucumbers and peppers??

Posted by kinxmaigh z5-9 (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 18:19

I'm glad this forum has a dedicated companion planting area. I am doing a biodynamic (as much as possible) victory garden for the first time after 4-5 years of haphazard careless planting that's yielded mixed results.

I want to put a row of cucumbers next to bell peppers. It's the best option for my small garden. But has anyone had success with that, or read that it should work? I've looked at many charts and there's no mention. On the other side of the cucumbers is Gai Lan, a Chinese broccoli...broccoli is said to be good w/ cukes. There'll be some marigolds around too, maybe some alfalfa to help fix nitrogen but not sure yet.

The soil is double-dug 24" or so deep, the row is ready (and the 5" tall peppers choking in plug packs are impatient :P), so I thank you for suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cucumbers and peppers??

Hi kinxmaigh in what i have researched, the best companion plants for peppers are tomatoes and ragweed or known as pig weed. for cucumbers nasturtiums work great i am doing that this year my self planting tomatoes by peppers, and cucumber, and squash by nasturtiums and petunia's those are great bee attractors and they are like plants to cucumbers and squash giving them a unique taste when planted near one another. If you would like to tune into my youtube channel TheItalian Garden, to see how this works for me this year you can. i will be doing weekly videos are the year progresses. Just as a teaching thing and a learning thing for me because i still don't know it all lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here