Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
onions from peas

Posted by chfarcht Maine (My Page) on
Sat, May 2, 09 at 19:15

Companion planting relationships are well documented. There are numerous planting relationships that are to be avoided. But I can find no discussion how far incompatible plants should be planted from eac other ie. how far should Onions be removed from Peas?
My vegetable garden space is very limited and I must plant densely.

Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: onions from peas

I am surprised no one has answered this yet. Can anyone even venture a guess? 2 feet? 3 feet? 10 feet?

o
RE: onions from peas

• Posted by cozy NE GA 7 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 20, 09 at 19:14

Got to read up on that. What are the issues with onions and peas? I have the book Carrots Love Tomatoes ( which I just planted together and what got me here as I was wondering if it was Love or Hate ... I have to read it!) and saw this.
Sure 'nough, I planted onions and peas together and my guess is that 2-4 inches on all sides seems to work ;)

Peas-Onions2

The peas, what are left after the squirrels dug them up and the rabbits gnawed them off, are close to 6 ft tall. These are Sugar Snap and Tall Telephone and this is the first year that I have ever gotten to taste a fresh pea and was truly blown away ... candy!

Peas-Onions

The onions need thinning and the beets to the right have to be planted a 3rd time thanks to the wabbits but today I hope to have closed down their buffet ;)

WabbitFenceAttempt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here