Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mastiff_gw

were would you plant it

mastiff
20 years ago

I am currently growing these flowers from seed and would like to know which to plant together,in window boxes,in their own pot or which are taller than others.I have no idea what some of the look like because i recieved them from this site by sending a SASE.

Branched coneflower

Chelone Obliqua (turtle head) Pink

Rose Champion ÂAngel BushÂ

Yucca

Anemone De Caen Red

Pink Holly hocks

Aquilegia Cameo

Petunia plumiee

Fritillaria Meleagris

Orange Poppy

Aquilegia Dk pink w/white spurs

Fox glove Yellow

Sweat pea Vine

Alyssum Montanum Madwort

Pink cosmos

Comments (7)

• christine_La
    20 years ago

the yucca i would put in a pot to reduce it's spreading habit.the petunias look great in anything.coneflower,poppy,foxglove,cosmos,anemone are wild flowers so just plant them in a nice sunny bed.the hollyhocks are very tall best results would be in sunny but not windy.aquilegia is a 3-5 ft bush that requires shade.alyssum's only goal is to take over the world,it can be potted or use as a fast growing garden filler.the others i have not a clue i hope i have answered your question to some degree

• loniesmom
    20 years ago

What I would do is this: one by one, google search for each plant, find out it's preferences and other details and print that out along with a picture. Make piles of plants with similar preferences/needs such as petunias and alyssum which both need full sun, then determine the arrangement based on size of plant at maturity, your available planting locations, etc. Some of your research will yield vital information such as the probability of germination so you won't have to get all sweaty over preparing a site to plant something which has little chance of germination, or whether a plant is strongly opposed to being moved once it's placed such as poppies and foxglove, etc. I have learned to simply not have plants like that in my garden because I am so indecisive there have been seasons where I've moved the same plant three times.

• mastiff
    Original Author
    20 years ago

thankyou for the info.I have done a few searches and can't find some of the plants.

• garlicgoddess
    20 years ago

If you didn't find anything for rose champion angel bush, I suspect it might be a rose campion. I did a few searches and found that thompson-morgan had a good picture of it:
    http://www.thompson-morgan.com/seeds/us/list_l_25.html
    Rose campion are very hearty, very pretty and reseed very willingly. I have the bright magenta ones in my yard.

Cheryl

• takate
    20 years ago

Mastiff - Could you please tell me where you found the alyssum montanum. I have had no success. Or would you be willing to send me some if I pay postage....or trade for something? Thanks for any help in this....Takate

• mastiff
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Takate-- I recieved them in the the mail i would like to send you some but i can't find them so i think i may have used them all. I planted the whole list of plats i named up top and none of them grew very well so i have no idea if they even grew for me or what they look like. There is a section on this site to trade seeds or to take some peoples left overs for shipping. Thats where i got them.

• ScottReil_GD
    20 years ago

There really isn't a window box plant on that list (maybe the alyssum); most are perennial border plants and thats where they ought to go (full to part sun); careful where you put those sweet peas (they'll choke the daylights out of the rest of that list; grow them up a trellis)...

Sponsored