Tomatoes, Squash, Cukes and Peppers

Posted by robcobbins KY (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 23, 06 at 22:58

Noticed this year, that for my small organic vegetable
garden, it seems the tomato plants didn't mind squash, the
pepper plants didn't like squash, and the tomatoes didn't
like cukes while the peppers didn't seem to mind. Any
similar experiences here, or directions to a companion
plant reference site that is very specific?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomatoes, Squash, Cukes and Peppers

My gosh, Robcobbins, you've had this request for info here in the GardenWeb companion forum for a long time! I just drifted over from veggies and such because of the ??? on the forum list.

We grow lettuce and onions throughout the vegetable garden - almost, wherever there's room, in go L & O as transplants and sets. The larger plants (esp. vines) can kind of overwhelm smaller so your experience with some of those is educational.

Below is linked a Cooperative Extension site for companion plants which informs a little on "allies and enemies" as well as those kind of tolerant relationships we think of as companions.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Companion Planting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here