Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to use sea holly?

Posted by DCKate 6/7 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 28, 03 at 11:43

hello out there. i have an irrational affection for sea holly, but very little clue about how to use it in my small, southern exposure garden. anyone have thoughts about companions or placement?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to use sea holly?

• Posted by Ron_B USDA 8 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 1, 03 at 22:08

Yuccas, hardy cacti, hollies, plants of similar character.

o

I have seen the blue Sea Holly teamed up with Crocosmia "Lucifer" and it was gorgeous.
-Sprout

o

my book called "Classic Plant Combinations" suggests campanula

o

A recent issue of Horticulture magazine had a short article about sea holly---specifically, good companion plants. You might take a look at some of the photos and suggestions to see if any of them appeals to you. One of the combos used a striking orange flower, maybe cosmos? Or a pincushion type flower?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here