Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help w/ Companion Plating Onions and Chard/ Greens

Posted by Bryce_Godwin 6 So. IL (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 6, 03 at 11:11

Hi has anyone know if chard and Onions can be planted together w/ Mustard and Lettuce. Also need some good companions for Bell peppers and can Nasturnums be planted w/ Summer Squash. Need Good Companions for sunflowers. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help w/ Companion Plating Onions and Chard/ Greens

Nasturtiums with any vegetable is a good idea because they act like a pest "decoy"; in addition they are very pretty. I have chard and onions growing with bearded iris. Sunflowers...don't know about those. Maybe try various height sunflowers and cosmos!

o
RE: Help w/ Companion Plating Onions and Chard/ Greens

Hello there. Sweet alyssums, cosmos, head lettuce, basils, cilantro (esp. when it bolts) & dwarf marigolds are great companions for peppers. Try growing pole beans or vining cukes up the stalk of tall sunflowers. Sunflowers are tough & can take a beating from aphids w/out blinking.

I agree w/Melle_Sacto: nasturtiums w/squash is excellent!

Onions & beets are perfect together.

I grow all my greens (mustards, chards, bullsblood beets, spinach & leaf lettuces etc.) together without a problem so that combo should work fine for you too.

Best of luck!
~bushpoet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here