Return to the Companion Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Companion for Sunflowers?

Posted by greenwood85 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 25, 08 at 13:03

I'm going to plant a large variety of sunflower. I imagine pole beans might like to climb the fast-growing stalk. Am I right? Any other suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Companion for Sunflowers?

I hope it is not to late to post a reply. I have had success with vine cucumbers, morning glory, and sweet peas. Just to name a few vines. Zinnias look nice in front of sunflowers. And also I use clover as a ground cover/green manure for about everything. good luck:)

o

I'm going to try pole beans and winter squash this year.

o

According to Liouse Riotte in her book, "Carrots Love Tomatoes", pole beans and sunflowers do not get along. She recommends planting sunflowers with cucumbers or melons.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carrots Love Tomatoes

o

It seems sunflowers are good for Bush beans though. I wonder why it's different for bush beans...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Companion Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here