Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mesterhazypinetum

Conifer Treasury of the USA & Canada 2.0 2013

mesterhazypinetum
10 years ago

I guess many of you are with greater interest fpr the american conifers.

We have now 7000 documented conifer cultivars. I can divide this cultivar mass to 3 thirds.

The first third may be 2500-3000 plants, which are generally well known for collectors, may have about them better infos, as usual. Descriptions, photos, breeders etc.

The second third are a company of about 2200-2400, described in the last 2 years (Jerry file 1325, Waxman file 100, Greg Williams file 100, and further newly found 700 cultivars in the Harper Heritage, Dax Herbst, Nate Cassell and many other american breeders ), which was organized by me together with many other conifer friends in the USA, Canada and Europe).

Finally I see a dark last third, which are listed in different times by american nurseries 30 years back, where we have just names and a nursery where they were ever listed. This company maybe of about 2000. I expect the 80-90 % of them are really americans, hopely. As I work only from written sources (beside my own eyes), it seems to care these dark cultivars, and wait for better times, as we could get more datas about them.

Finally we have "fourth third" with about 1200 new american conifer cultivars, which are in an editing phase. These cultivars may get place in the next edition in 1 or two years.

Please enjoy the recent book!
Join to us with newly discovered conifers, sending new infos to Dax or me.

Zsolt
conifertreasury.org

First part: Abies - Picea polita

Here is a link that might be useful: Conifer Treasury of the USA & Canada 2.0 2013 Part 1

Comments (5)