Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
illinois_john

Western Evergreen Order

illinois_john
9 years ago

Based on comments on this forum, I gave Jason and Western Evergreen a try.

Plants arrived yesterday and I could not be happier. Excellent quality of plants, roots and packaging. Communication was likewise great with me getting an email from Jason when ups delivered my order. He asked for feedback upon arrival.

With Jason expanding his offering, I will be placing another order in spring.

Comments (16)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

why are you hiding this on the gallery side???

congrats.. they look great

ken

• Lily777
    9 years ago

Nice!

• plantkiller_il_5
    9 years ago

whatever,ken
    at least his post won't be bumped down very quick

John, tell us whachya got !
    looks like nice selection,,,how many? a doz.

I just got [one] today from Gee farms,,,,P. parviflora 'Myajima'
    ron

but I did get 5 from C K 2 weeks ago
    maybe I'll make a gallery

This post was edited by plantkiller.il.5 on Fri, Oct 10, 14 at 20:50

• severnside
    9 years ago

Great stuff, love the winter yellow mugos or contorta, they're well on their way.

Yep, please list the new celebrities for us.

Ken, stop gnawing that old bone. It gets to be ad nauseum. How many times now?

• illinois_john
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'll attach a few more pictures from my phone, but my list included:

Abies lasiocarpa arizonica 'Glauca Compacta'
    Abies procera 'DelBar Cascade'
    Larix laricina 'Blue Sparkler'
    Picea abies 'Gold Dust'
    Picea omorika 'Frondenberg'
    Picea omorika 'Pimoko'
    Pinus banksiana 'Al Johnson'
    Pinus cembra 'Stricta (aka Fastigiata)'
    Pinus flexilis 'Li'l Wolf'
    Pinus mugo 'Carsten's Wintergold'
    Pinus mugo 'Zundert'
    Pinus strobiformis 'Loma Linda'
    Pinus strobus 'Niagara Falls'
    Pinus sylvestris 'Gold Coin'

I plan on ordering some Japanese Maples come spring.

• illinois_john
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Angel Falls and Gold Dust

• illinois_john
    Original Author
    9 years ago

too many to list

• plantkiller_il_5
    9 years ago

Hey,john,,did you get any plants in the ground yet ?
    cold coming,,ron

• Conifer K(7b GA)
    7 years ago

Has anyone ordered from Western Evergreen's buying program where they send you a random assortment of #1's?

http://westernevergreen.com/catalog.html?material=2563066&desc=Woodland+Gems%E2%84%A2+collection+Assorted+30

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    7 years ago

should have started your own post.. since this has nothing to do with the original ... other than the title ....

it says at your link: -Labels are customizable with your Garden Center / Nursery's name and a Barcode if needed

its a wholesale offering ... will they sell it to you ... will the price change???..etc

ken

• Conifer K(7b GA)
    7 years ago

@Ken

Could you send me a copy of the rules for posting on Ken's Conifer forum?

• Gibson Zone 9 (Central Valley, CA)
    7 years ago

Ken has a point - I've been wondering about your same question. I think he is trying to say you might get more answers and clear things up for people wondering the same thing. I don't think he intended to irritate you - at least I hope not.

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    7 years ago

Ken's trying to be helpful, he's just direct. I know I often skip over posts that started years ago. You're more likely to get a better response to your specific question by starting your own post.

Email Jason Hupp at info@westernevergreen.com

I've not ordered the buying program assortment, but have ordered conifers and am extremely happy with them.

I signed up for an account and payment was through paypal only. It was worth it.

Barb

• plantkiller_il_5
    7 years ago

WOW , relax

ron

• davidrt28 (zone 7)
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Well, I think there's a time and place for everything. Some of Ken's post crack me up and I would miss not having them. I'll be "direct" with people when I have to be as well.

However in this case I don't think he's being fair to say the bumper's post had NOTHING to do with the OP's post. They are about the same nursery! By the standards of some thread bumpers, that's actually a pretty reasonable coefficient of correlation! I personally wouldn't order a random assortment of anything...but if conifer kid really wants that for some reason, I can see why he thought to bump this thread. Maybe not necessary, but not an outrageous violation of board protocols.

I think with a program like that, you're basically going to get the leftovers. Not to put down the nursery, but that's what they would logically send out in such a batch. You're not going to get the rarer and more desirable stuff. So, by definition it's not intended for serious collectors (which most of us are, presumably) but rather punters grazing at garden shops. "Cute little conifers" seems to be a retailing trend in horticulture right now.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH