Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ireena_7

Pinus sylvestris

ireena (zone 5-6)
11 years ago

It appears that there are several posts with the Pinus sylvestris, I decided to show you some pictures - sylvestris in nature, in the forest, which is next to me. Nice yellow needles, but it was only a lack of magnesium in the soil... it told me the knower.... But in the forest looks beautiful!

{{gwi:623149}}

{{gwi:623150}}

{{gwi:623151}}

{{gwi:623152}}

{{gwi:623153}}

Ireena

Comments (7)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

the heck with that plain old pine tree ... yellow or not .. and who knew about Mg ....

[sometimes i wonder how my stuff makes it thru a language translator.. lol] ...

the lichens and sedum are to die for..

might that not be your next collection ...?? .. and it free.. just sitting there for you to harvest .... lol

what is the 'white looking spongy stuff'.. lichen.. fungus.. ???? .. its really hard to research.. under my words .. lol

is that stuff easily moved???

but i bet it doesnt like watering.. since it appears to be thriving.. where no one can kill it.. with too much love ...

and i bet any hint of fertilizer.. or improved soil would destroy it ...

its all over northern MI .... which looks much like the area in your first pic ..

and there is that dog.. having the time of his life.. again .. lucky dog ...

thx for the pix.. though i digressed wildly ...

ken

ps: why did you put this on the gallery side????

• ireena (zone 5-6)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

In don't know, why I put this on the gallery....:)

Ken, all of these mosses and lichens are alive and not die...

This white sponge is our common groundcover - Reindeer Lichen. Cladina stellaris, I guess... Those living in drier and poorer soils, but in moister places grow sphagnum moss.

These sponges are very simple moving.... They haven't roots...

We use some of the lichens as a cough tea. Sphagnum moss is well for gardeners - keeping moisture for grafts and rootings .... (sorry, my English is terrible....) But I read your posts without translator help - it does not take off your text :))))

But you live on zone 5, too....In your forests do not grow any, similar??

And there are some another strange sylvestris - founded by seaside... The first one is interesting - half green and half yellow:)

{{gwi:623154}}

One pine "normal" blue-green, second - mustard yellow...
    {{gwi:623155}}

{{gwi:623156}}

Interesting needles - turn up....
    {{gwi:623157}}

Ireena

11 years ago

(sorry, my English is terrible....)

==>>> its better than my Latvian ... which does not exist ... lol

as long as we can communicate .. who cares if its pretty ...

ken

11 years ago

or should i say:

tas ir labÃÂk nekÃÂ mans latvian ... kas neeksistÃ" ... lol

ken

11 years ago

google translate for that..

and i have no idea.. how good the translation is.. and wonder if my computer.. set for english.. put in all the right pronunciation marks and letters ...

comments???

ken

• ireena (zone 5-6)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ohh.... this one is perfectly right translation!!:) I wonder.... Only pronunciation marks are destroyed by GW font convertation.... All other letters ar OK:) Sentence at all is OK too.. And I understand all you want to write me....

Just do not try the sound of this sentence - with voice:)))) The robot's voice speaks as freak .... And totally unlike the original....

Ireena

• botann
    11 years ago

The presence of Lichens usually indicates poor soil lacking in organic matter. That's why lichens can grow on rocks. They grow in my propagation bed also.

Yellow foliage usually is a symptom of a lack of nitrogen. I haven't had the experience of a lack of magnesium so I can't comment on that. I'm glad a expert gave you that information in case the same symptoms happen in your garden Ireena.

I think it's great that computers can translate like they do, even though you don't need it for English. Ken, and the rest of us, would need it if you posted in Latvian.

When I was in the eighth grade I learned where your country was by knowing your neighboring countries were in alphabetical order. Estonia, Latvia, and Lithaunia.
    Mike