Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perfect Size Photos - Enjoy!

Posted by gardener365 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 30, 09 at 0:37

All these photos are copyrighted - Green Industry Images
I've been working on the ACS Database Records and thought you guys would enjoy some stuff I haven't seen on here. All images are 640 x 480 which is a size option for formatting photos taylored to an internet audience! They're perfectly clear, and don't take up an entire screen no matter your download speed.
Dax

Pinus cembra 'Strica' Copyrighted Green Industry Images
Pinus cembra 'Stricta'

Pinus mugo 'Blue' Copyrighted Green Industry Images
Pinus mugo 'Blue'

Pinus heldreichii Copyrighted Green Industry Images
Pinus heldreichii

Pinus armandii Copyrighted Green Industry Images
Pinus armandii Foliage and Cones

Tsuga can 'Everett Golden' Copyrighed Green Industry Images
Tsuga can 'Everett Golden'

Tsuga canadensis 'Cane' Copyrighted Green Industry Images
Tsuga can 'Canes'

Pinus nigra 'Obelisk' Copyrighted Green Industry Images
Pinus nigra 'Obelisk'

Pinus nigra 'Pierrick Bregeon' Copyrighted Green Ind. Images
Pinus nigra 'Pierrick Bregeon'

Pinus strobus 'Porcupine' Copyright Green Industry Images
Pinus strobus 'Porcupine'

Pinus strobus 'Squiggles' Copyrighted Green Industry Images
Pinus strobus 'Squiggles'

Pinus strobus 'Wiggles' Copyrighted Green Industry Images
Pinus strobus 'Wiggles'

...............................................................Have a nice day!!!!!.............................................................. .....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perfect Size Photos Error

1st photo 'Stricta'

o
RE: Perfect Size Photos - Enjoy!

why are these the perfect size for pictures? I actually prefer the larger / higher resolution pictures. I say load as large a photo as the website permits.

o

We're always going to agree to disagree on this topic.
Enjoy!

o

"why are these the perfect size for pictures?"

If you embed very large pics (wider than screen width), it messes up the formatting of the text, making the commentary very hard to read.

Stick to a maximum of 800px wide, and you'll be OK.

Resin

o

Loved the pictures, thanks Dax. I get terrible cabin fever this time of year - pictures and catalogs get me through to spring. Most of my smallest conifers are under a foot or more of snow. Tomorrow temps should get to 37 so some of it might melt. Right now most of the yard just looks like a wasteland.

Elizabeth

o

You are very welcome Elizabeth.

Regards...

Dax

o

Great photos Dax. I particularly am drawn to Pinus mugo 'Blue' and I also have a Tsuga can. 'Everitt Golden' that I am wondering what I am going to do with when it gets that big! That plant must be 25+ years old(I hope?!).

Someday perhaps I wish some of my conifers may grace the same pages with their beauty.

Will

o

Looks great! Love the 'Stricta' and 'Squiggles' (I like them all of course, but those two stand out for me right now.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here