Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardener365

Treehaven Evergreen Nursery 2010 Order Form/Catlog

gardener365
14 years ago

Welcome to the world of firs! Don't forget your other favorites as well. The largest and best-priced seedlings..., anywhere. No internet or phone orders. This is the old-fashioned way!

Dax

{{gwi:638595}}

{{gwi:638596}}

{{gwi:638597}}

{{gwi:638598}}

Comments (12)

• extremegardening
    14 years ago

Thanks Dax. Q: I sent email to your hotmail as noted on your profile. Is that a viable email?

• gardener365
    Original Author
    14 years ago

answered extreme.
    dax

• elkka
    14 years ago

Thanks for posting this, good source!

• gardener365
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, you're most welcome. The way I see it, you can purchase a 2-3 foot seedling on most websites for 15 dollars and if you buy 25 of them from Treehaven, it costs you the price of (2) seedlings from anywhere else...

Dax

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    14 years ago

A good source indeed. They rival conservation departments for cheap trees!

On a side note, the order form reminds me of ordering car parts from JC Whitney back in the day.

Then Summit & Jegs catalogs started showing up. Then their websites got pretty darned cool. I still called them though just to talk to a live person. Get any extra feedback I could.

All my mail order trees I call in if possible. Seems the websites are 1 step behind the billion dollar car parts places. Plus, I just like talking to that live person.

• elkka
    14 years ago

Question about these guys: So I'm all excited to call my order in this morning, and I get a voice recording saying leave your address to receive an order sheet. So I take it they don't receive credit card orders over the phone? I'm cool with that, but if I'm sending a check instead, how do I put down the proper shipping amount?

• Greenthumb
    14 years ago

elkka,
    On the order form it asks for a 25% deposit and not full payment. I would guess once the trees are shipped to you, they will bill you for the remainder that is owed to them, and that will include the shipping as well.
    Mike

• Greenthumb
    14 years ago

Dax,
    Is this the nursery you use to get understocks for grafting?
    Thanks,
    Mike

• gardener365
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mike's right elkka.

Mike this is the nursery, yah. The deal with understocks is that for anyone (such as me) that doesn't order quantities of 500 or more, it's the best deal around. The quality is tremendous. I'm now ordering large 2-4' trees to graft onto. There's the other reason, for me or other guys who won't be able to purchase a bulky son of a gun from literally anywhere else.

Later on,

Dax

• elkka
    13 years ago

Has anyone received their seedlings yet?

I placed my order a little over two weeks ago.

Thanks,

Elkka

• gardener365
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh yah! You're probably in line. I placed my order probably in Feb.

Dax

• elkka
    13 years ago

Just got them! My neighbor had them for me because they were delivered to his house by mistake.

Nice sized saplings, I asked for 24" and these are easily 3 feet, and chunky!

Somebody's going to be doing a lot of digging tomorrow :-)

Thanks again for posting this Dax!