Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Four years of Abies procera 'Robenek'

Posted by firefightergardener 7/8 (fletchonthemove@hotmail.com) on
Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 11:42

One of the smallest, and nicest noble firs, here is actually five photos, two each from 2009 and 2010 and one from last year, so actually three years of growth photos. I've left the title so that once I do a series of these SMALLER galleries(hint hint!), people can search for them easier.

Abies procera 'Robenek'

February 2009.
Photobucket

May 2009.
Photobucket

April 2010. Looks nearly identical to 2009.
Photobucket

July 2010. Loving the new colored growth.
Photobucket

August 2011. Some clear changes happening, and it makes me happy watching it. What a plant!
Photobucket

More to come.
-Will

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Four years of Abies procera 'Robenek'

• Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 11:56

You guys and your procera! I'm rolling the dice on a couple this year. By far my favorite Abies species.

Nice looking plant by the way.

o

Just a beautiful plant firefighter. Again a variety I don't think I could get away with in my area unless I could find a micro climate in my yard, I'm jealous.

o

I love that plant. I so like the Abies procera's.
Cher

o

Will, for a little squirt...it sure put out a lot of growth in a couple years. Great idea with taking photos every year. I am going to start doing that too.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here