Finished.
Clement

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grafting 2

Good grafts. Clement, I buy you a new knife for Christmas... Dax

o

Very good picture series. Explains everything.

Between Clement And Dax There is all the knowledge and method people need.

Great work guys.

o

Clement, I am glad you posted these! Thanks for that. On your rootstock do you make the cut for the wedge of the scion or the back cut first? Thanks again for your time.

Rob

o

I start by the scion, and for the scion and the rootstock I start in first by back cut.
Thanks Dax, but I have a lot of news blades.
Clément

o

Thanks Clement. This is my first year with this craft/hobby.After getting grafted conifers the past few years its easy to see that some take great pride.I did my 1st grafts last night and was happy with the results so far. I would not be doing this without the people on this forum. Many great teachers here.

Rob

o

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/Conifers2009/media/greffescl_zps840f4a61.mp4.html?sort=3&o=2

It's a video, not the top quality, but I think you see what you would.
Clement

o

Clement, That was smooth !
A picture is worth a thousand words !

Al

o

• Posted by Jarpe z4-z5 Finland (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 16:07

Pleasure to see this. Now that i think of this, i use to bind upwards. Is there some special reason to bind from high to low? I always want to learn from master grafters.

o

I graft to 8-10-12 cm hight when it's a very dwarf plant,for a better air circulation, specialy when you mulch your bed.
However when it's a dwarf or a tree, I graft the lower possible.
Clement

o

Clement, enjoyable.

Jarpe: it would be difficult to hold the scion in place and wrap a bud strip. When you asked I immediately thought the only way to do it like you asked is to hold the plant in my lap and look straight down... but still, I'd have to start at the top. It's counter-intuitive in my own mind, yet everyone will develop their own style that works well for them. Maybe if I saw you on video and you wrap as well as anyone else... well then, it wouldn't matter.. would it?

Dax

o

Clement,great video! I could never figure why the flap hanging there drying up and dead and a scar on the scion. This method you are showing to me just makes sence! I did a few dozen grafts this way on sunday and it all felt right. Your timing was perfect for getting me started. Last year I got some grafted conifers that appeared to be done in the same way or close to it!
thanks!
Rob

o

Graft 2013 photo DSC_2651_zps759cc4c8.jpg
Graft 2013/2 photo DSC_2652_zps9f54d2e0.jpg
The scion are so little, I used this system for the first time, and he look good.
Clement

o

Looks great! I like the video too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here