Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcsteg

PhotoBucket anyone.

dcsteg
11 years ago

The new up graded Photobucket is a bust. 100's of negative comments of how people hate it. They closed down to comment or reply input. Once you click on the new link you can't go back. If you haven't it's still good for 27 more days.

I am moving on to something else. I don't know what.

Any input from others that are using another source that they like?

Dave

Comments (22)

• liopleurodon
    11 years ago

I'm using imageshack for a few years now and I never had any problems with it.
    As a free user you get 5GB which is more than enough for me.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

i just saw that when i opened my PB acct.. lol ..

i swear to God.. i thought to myself.. dave aint gunna like this.. lol ...

seasonal affective order got you going ?????

first your camera.. now PB.. God help you if GW announced some 'new' things.. lol ... [and no.. i am not aware of any.. relax man..] ....

i will probably stay.. its change either way ... so i may as well stay ...

ken

• dcsteg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ha Ha!

If I ever suspect that I will hop a Southwestern flight to So. Cal to see my daughter and have fun.

All kidding aside. Not user friendly. Slow uploads, cant organize photo's and just plain difficult to navigate around. Instead of pages you have to scroll down depending on how many photos you have, 1 continuous page to locate a certain photo. Ken click on the new link and see...go play with it. Should take your mind off yourself.

I read the comments before they shut them down. Down right nasty.

Dave

• Garen Rees
    11 years ago

I like Flickr.com . Works just how I would want it to.

• firefightergardener
    11 years ago

I'm on oldschool Photobucket still. Not going to change unless I'm forced to. Might ask for my subscription money back if they force me.

Should be able to go back Dave, look around and ask questions.

-Will

• dcsteg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No once you click the new link they won't let you go back. They conveniently don't tell you that.
    Will you have 27 days left.

As you know, we've been working on an all new Photobucket web site! Inspired by user feedback, we've been busy creating faster and more beautiful ways to preserve your memories. With that being the case, as of February 4th, we will no longer provide support for the original Photobucket.

• whaas_5a
    11 years ago

It took me awhile to find it but there is an organize link upper left "just" above your photos. Once you click that you can drag and drop into folders. Hold ctrl and click multiple photos. I like this feature but it is slow.

For folders that have quite a few photos it loads as you scroll which is the absolute worst feature of the new layout.

If they can do something about the speed and go back to page layouts or at least let you select how many photos you want to see in a view (just like e-commerce does) its a nice upgrade.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

its morning dave.. probably still slurping .. on your first coffee ... [or scotch.. i dont know you well enough to know which]..

under you breath .. just keep saying .. CHANGE IS OK ... change is OK ... FOLLOWED BY A LOW MOANING ... oooohhhhmmmmm

lol

ken

• severnside
    11 years ago

I hated it and went back to classic.

In the classic, people could zoom the pic to see it at it's true size and definition, much like Google with the little + sign. In the new one the photo is shown as one-size-fits-all and so out of true definition. Useless for conifer pics.

I prefered the old activity stream and various other points.

What was improved? Nothing.

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

"I hated it and went back to classic"

I did the same thing...

• severnside
    11 years ago

The trouble is, if people look at your pics when they are using the 'New' will they see them at low resolution? That's where it gets confusing.

Certainly glad I don't pay.

• gardener365
    11 years ago

Dave and others,

After about two weeks I clicked a link top of the page that said 'go back to original photobucket'. I was asked a brief survey as to why and I said the uploads were too slow and that the bulk uploader wasn't an option anymore. Case closed.

Carefully review you main page for the link to return to the old photobucket. If you cannot find it, send them an email that you wish to return to the previous format.

Dax

• whaas_5a
    11 years ago

Severn, what is that zoom thing you're talking about? I can't get back to the old.

I just hold ctrl (on the keyboard) and zoom with the scroll button on the mouse to check the definition.

• dcsteg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dax you can't get back.

Link on to the new system and see for yourself.

They refuse to take any correspondence.

Dave

• dcsteg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's is there answer.

Hi,

We wanted to provide you all with information on the editor, and where we're going from here.

How do I return to the previous editor?
    With the new editor now in place, this is the one we will be using going forward. There is no option to return to the previous editor. You can still find Pixlr's editor on their website: Pixlr Express Editor Pixlr Advanced Editor (for layering)

Why can't you switch it back to the Pixlr editor?
    The reason we cannot offer the option for you to return to the previous editor is that we are no longer offering it on our site. Our contract with Pixlr has ended, and we are no longer partnered with them to provide those editing tools for use on Photobucket.

We will continue to work with the new editing company to provide more features, and hopefully improve the ones that are currently available.

Now, you are more than welcome to comment below about anything pertaining to the information we have provided. If you have questions about the editor, please write in to us in support.

This new editor is ____(fill in the blank with your own expletive)!
    We know that users do not like change, we shouldn't fix something that isn't broken, we need to keep it simple, etc. I don't disagree with any of you for the reasons you do not like the change in editors. We also enjoyed many features of the previous one, but we must move on as well, and adjust and adapt to this new editor.

TLDR; There isn't a way to return to the previous editor. My apologies to anyone that feels like we have harmed you in some way due to this change.

Thank you

• severnside
    11 years ago

Whaas, in the old one, if you uploaded a picture that was 1024 say, PB would 'hold' it at about 80% (the size most economical for it's server) with the option to zoom and see it 'pop' to it's full size and res. This isn't avilable in the new one, you only see the 80% res.

It's the same as if you look at an image in Google images. If you choose 'View Image' the cursor will have a little circle with a + if the image is larger than Google's standard holding size. Click on the image and it goes to full size and res.

I simply had a link in the top right of my screen saying 'Go back to classic'. I did have to agree that they could ask why in the pop up before they let me, but they haven't asked.

This post was edited by severnside on Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 10:17

• gardener365
    11 years ago

f))K,

I am using the old version still but there's a new message that says in 26 days they'll be moving to the new version.

I hope they have a bulk uploader then because when I switched back to the old a few weeks in I was asked why I wanted to return to the old version and I stated precisely that I needed the bulk uploader and upload speed was way too slow w/o it and that another bonus w/ the bulk uploader is title names can written for each photo prior to uploading. You can do it all at one time in other words.

Hopefully they'll have added a bulk uploader again. I told those people I use a PC and that all those iphones and tablets and "stuff" are worthless to me as a PC user only. That's the direction they're taking with that drag and drop uploader...at least my guess to the ruining of a perfect system of user friendliness.

Dax

• blue_yew
    11 years ago

Im still using photobucket the old site and its the best.

• severnside
    11 years ago

Hurry! We're only 26 days away from moving over to the new site. Get started with your new Photobucket and lock in your bonus storage today!

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

I lost my pictures about a year ago at Photobucket. I got confused with the password, and they locked me up and could not recover my account. I had to establish a new Email address, and have a small account now, but no longer use it since GW permits simple uploading from my PC. Bernd

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    11 years ago

I use pb alot. It is even easier than our own work website. Oh well. At least as ppl quit their servers should move faster.

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

I got the following mail of PhotoBucket yesterday:

I want to personally thank you for your feedback during the Beta phase of the all-new Photobucket. We've implemented many of your suggestions, and we have a lot of great features coming soon.
    Now it's time to move over to the all-new Photobucket because this existing site is going away soon. Don't worry, your photos will be on the new Photobucket experience.

Get Started

Change is never easy, but I hope we've made it easier by adding the features you know and love:

Easy Linking Mode
    With Easy Linking Mode, your links can always display in your Library. Plus, you can bulk link, view full thumbnails and access your file names.

It seems that we've no choice anylonger...