{{gwi:659306}}
{{gwi:659310}}
Richard

Comments (13)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

hey bud-ee ...

nice!!!!

last pic.. pungens?? [needles do not look very sharp.. lasiocarpa???] .. is it already budded out.. or without the insult of snow/sleet and ice.. is that how a blue plant over-winters in your neck of the woods..

mine are much duller by late winter ...

anyway.. thx for the late winter pick me up.. we are only weeks away from spring.. thank God!!!..

ken

• sprucebud
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your comments.

The blue conifer is Abies procera 'Obrighofen'. No, no new growth yet. That is still a few weeks away. We have had quite a bit of snow this winter (snow showers again today in fact) but nothing like you get there, I know.

Roll on spring ...
    Richard

• ladylotus
    11 years ago

Richard, how nice to see everything starting to come out of dormancy. We still have snow here and I am really looking forward to see it melt. Your gardens look like they are really coming along very well. Thanks for sharing.

• Garen Rees
    11 years ago

The procera look so nice. I like the the sea of flowers surrounding 'Delbar Cascade'.

You always have such a nice mix of flowers and conifers. Can't wait to see more as spring progresses.

• sprucebud
    Original Author
    11 years ago

{{gwi:659314}}
    {{gwi:659317}}

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Very nice, Richard. Thank you.

tj

• tunilla
    11 years ago

I couldn't say it better . I hope you're staying clear of the awful winter conditions further south and on both sides of the channel!
    Almost a foot of snow in Normandy! No good landing now unless you bring your skis! Cheers! T.

• tunilla
    11 years ago

I couldn't say it better . I hope you're staying clear of the awful winter conditions further south and on both sides of the channel!
    Almost a foot of snow in Normandy! No good landing now unless you bring your skis! Cheers! T.

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

Nice spring pics, Richard!
    Last week we also had spring here in The Netherlands.
    Now we've snow and cold freezing temperatures, again...

Some additional info about the Abies procera 'Delbar Cascade'.
    Jason Hupp told me last January that is must be written as 'DelBar' Cascade'.
    This weeping form is named after his grandparents Delbert and Barbara.

• gardener365
    11 years ago

You got some nice firs too Richard.

Weather here can't decide if it's spring or winter, so, we're getting close.

Dax

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

joy

Abies procera 'Delbar Cascade'....
    must be written as 'DelBar' Cascade'.

i dont understand the point of the inclusion of the third .... middle quote mark does ...

SBud.. second from last additional pic.. why all the stakes... doesnt look like anything requires such???? .. perhaps just winter markers???

ken

• coniferjoy
    11 years ago

It's 'DelBar Cascade' because it's named after Jason's grandparents Delbert and Barbara.
    So It's Del from Delbert, and Bar of Barbara.
    Both person names starts with a capital mark, that's why Jason decided to do write it this way...

• sprucebud
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the information on the name, Edwin.

Regarding the stakes, I agree it does look slightly odd in this picture unfortunately. However, they are all needed at present to support the following plants:

Tsuga mertensiana 'Blue Star'
    Picea pungens 'Lutea Nana'
    Picea engelmannii 'Snake'
    Pinus strobus 'Angel Falls'
    Picea pungens 'The Blues'

Richard