Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texjagman

Picea omorika'Golden Midget'

texjagman
12 years ago

Does anyone know of a source for this guy other than Buchholz?

thx mark

Comments (8)

• coniferjoy
    12 years ago

'Golden Midget' is a Buchholz introduction, it looks like 'Peve Tijn' but it's more colourful.
    I'm not familiar with another source...

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

i would email them.. and ask for retail sellers in your zip code .. should be easy for them to search their database for such ...

and when you find such a seller .. if they do NOT have it in stock.. ask them to order it in for either a fall delivery.. or next spring.. presuming you gotta have it ...

ken

• coniflora
    12 years ago

Mark, 'Golden Midget' is a very new plant at Buchholz Nursery. This is only their second or third year grafting this plant. It might be a few more years before you see it offered anywhere for sale.

In the meanwhile, if you haven't already, get your hands on a 'Peve Tijn'.

• ricksample
    11 years ago

An older thread, but for those who are looking for it see link below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Iconic

• whaas_5a
    11 years ago

Dang it, I was waiting until spring to get one...now they will be gone!

• whaas_5a
    11 years ago

And just like that, they are gone! Who are the lucky ones?

• ricksample
    11 years ago

Crap sorry Whaas - I was just tryin to help Mark out above. I know what it's like to want a conifer, but can't find it.

He must have only had a couple, normally he has a lot of stock. It's rare for any plants on his site to be sold out.

I purchased one, I'll sell it to you for $60... J/K.... I don't purchase yellow conifers as they don't do well around here. Especially ones that I can't find any info on and doesn't list it as being full sun. The only info I could find through google was this thread (which is how I found it)... nothing else.

• whaas_5a
    11 years ago

No worries, I could have purchased it awhile ago. He did sell through 5 of them since you posted. Thats good though, its a hard to find conifer and I think we should do more sharing of sources.

I still wonder if its the same as 'Peve Tijn'. Edwin stated its more colorfull and if that is indeed true I'd expect it to burn worse that 'Peve Tijn'.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!