Return to the Conifers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring order has arrived

Posted by SC77 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 21:31

As usually, really pleased with my Conifer Kingdom order...really nice plants. The Blue Cloak has sort of a gnarly bend in it that isn't ideal, but I will just train it back and probably won't even notice it when it's a larger tree..

From Left to Right:
- Picea pungens 'Kosters Prostrate'
- Pinus contorta var. latifolia 'Chief Joseph'
- Abies concolor 'Blue Cloak'
- Picea omorika 'Aurea' (Stunning free gift)

I hammered drilled about 4 ft of granite rock ledge and lightly amended the entire planting area to ensure that my 'Chief Joseph' has the best chance of survival as possible. Did several tests and the drainage looks really good, now I just gotta go easy on the watering.

Also, the image doesn't do it justice, but Blue Cloak is most consistently blue conifer I have seen in person. The needles are just solid blue, not even a hint of green.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring order has arrived

Very nice! For that matter, even the background without any white stuff is nice, too, when you haven't seen a view like that for months!

o

i dont really see whats training BC needs ..

when its 10 feet tall ... and 3 inches thick.. do you really think that whats apparent today.. will be so then???

and.. thats a shipping stake ... remove it.. then decide if you need a real stake ... one more properly sized to its intended use ... if any ...

man.. i love free gifts ...

ken

o

Like the free gift best of all of them, man I love SPRING!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here