Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjzzyzoff

Husband went crazy with pruning'

mjzzyzoff
9 years ago

Help - I am literally sick over this. My husband took a mature fir tree that perfectly blocked the road from the house and hid the garage and cars from the rest of the property and hacked off all the bottom limbs. He said he was just pruning where it overhung the drive but it was WAY more than that. We just moved here and I absolutely adored the tree and the privacy it gave us. I had even set a chair right in front of it by the creek to test out putting a bench in the secluded little nook it made - which has been destroyed. :(

He will NOT be doing any more mutilation without consulting me, but in the meantime, is there anything else I can do? I was told the branches will drop somewhat but pretty sure it won't be enough for me. Something I can plant under/around to try and shield off the area again? It is 10-20 ft. from the
creek and the planting area I have is east facing with probably not a ton of sun but I will be checking out the shade patterns next sunny day. My other option is to plant things on the other side of the creek and block the view from there. I don't love that option as I like the openness of the field on that side but I want the privacy of the house more.

I am so, so mad at myself for not stopping him sooner. I had my back turned and had no idea he was going so crazy. Our mature landscaping was, IMO, nearly perfect and now every time I walk by that tree... :(

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!