o
larch 'varied directions' in part shade

Posted by jeannette_wi z4WI (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 17:05

Wondering how much shade this can take?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: larch 'varied directions' in part shade

the word shade means little or nothing... you need to explain such ....

how many ours of sun .. any???

high canopy trees...

dark little cave???

what else is growing there right now .. if grass.. is it weak and thin.. or vibrant???

more facts please

ken

o

At the latitude of zone 4 Wisconsin, I'd say it needs all the sun it can get. Very little shade tolerance.

tj

o

I would agree with tsugajunkie. They like a lot of sun with moist, but not wet, soil conditions. Otherwise, they're very tolerant. ;)

I'll be bold here and say they should have at least 5-6 hours of sun, with 7-10 being better. I would think Varied Directions would be reasonably happy if it could get 5-6 hours of unfiltered overhead sun. Plenty of time to cool down the soil, with just enough sun to let it thrive. I'll stick with 5-6 hours until someone shoots it down. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Conifers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here