Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gamekeeper_gw

Kigi Nursery

gamekeeper
11 years ago

Recieved first order from a new to me nursery and was pleased with the plants and service

Comments (5)

• j0nd03
    11 years ago

Sweet! I have three deodar cedars coming from them this week - 'Snow Sprite', 'Creampuff', and 'Prostrate Beauty'

Can you post pics of the new additions and tell us what they are? I'll post mine here when I get them in with pics of the rootballs as well.

Anything in particular with the transaction strike you in a good way? Like packaging, communication, final product, etc...

John

• gamekeeper
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry can't do pictures as I am one of the few old poops that refuses to learn new technology.
    But yes to all of the above questions asked the plants were lovely in root ,great condition well packaged.As usual hard to get out of container.Quick service very pleased.Bought 2Chamaecyparis Nootkatensis(Green Arrow),1 Abies Koreana Horstmann's Silberlocke.Great size

• gardener365
    11 years ago

I bought Cedrus deodara 'Karl Fuchs' from them and was very-pleased. The roots had absolutely no winding. I did ask that they checked the roots - prior to shipping. I won't buy plants anymore w/o asking for the rootballs to be checked over thoroughly and I kindly explain that if anything sent is not to my satisfaction - that I will return it.

Places like Coenosium that I've dealt business with for a decade, I don't bother to ask for attention to such detail. I've never had anything sent from Bob that wasn't perfect to my liking.

Dax

• j0nd03
    11 years ago

Just a quick update from my order...

Finally planted everything today. When the trees were removed from plastic wrapping, the soil mass was the exact shape of a quart pot. A little shaking of the plant removed most of the potting media and after a brief soaking in water and a little teasing, the roots were in fantastic shape IMO. The following root mass pic was the best of the 3 but not by much. The other two were also well above "acceptable" in the "very good" range.

Full disclosure: I let the plants get a little too dry before planting. If they look a little droopy or discolored, it's my fault.

Cedrus deodara 'Snow Sprite'

{{gwi:688464}}

{{gwi:688465}}

Cedrus deodara 'Cream Puff'

{{gwi:688466}}

Cedrus deodara 'Prostrate Beauty'

{{gwi:688467}}

John

This post was edited by j0nd03 on Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 22:10

• treeguy_ny USDA z6a WNY
    11 years ago

I also ordered from Kigi for the first time this year. The one C. deodara 'shalimar' I ordered looks great. As soon as we're past the risk of hard frost, I'll plant the little guy out! (it's already broken bud and I don't want to risk loss of new growth).